- The Centre for Evidence Based Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (CEBPGAN) is a unique resource for clinicians involved in the areas of paediatric gastroenterology and nutrition, including both paediatric gastroenterologists and dietitians.
- The centre is located in Clinical Sciences Building at The Children's Hospital at Westmead.
- The Centre is affiliated with the Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health of the University of Sydney.
The aims of CEBPGAN are to:
- Educate health professionals about the role of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and the skills required to practice EBM through courses for paediatricians, gastroenterologists and dietitians
- Maintain databases of RCT's, Systematic reviews, Guidelines and Critically appraised topics (CATs) in paediatric gastroenterology/nutrition
- Provide assistance to researchers (e.g. searching the literature)
- Identify information needs and contentious management issues in clinical paediatric gastroenterology/nutrition
- Contribute summarised evidence to the literature (e.g. Cochrane reviews, clinical practice guidelines, contributions in EBM books and scientific publications)
- Promote collaborative research between CEBPGAN and practising clinicians